I can't believe I'm a mommy to a 7 month old. How can that be?
Here's what Emma's been up to these days.
- 15lbs 13oz, not much more than she weighed at her 6 month check-up (15lbs 9oz).
- Can wear most of her 3-6 month clothes still, but usually wears 6-9 months since it is starting to get colder.
- Size 3 diapers. Discovered Huggies Overnight Diapers (in size 3), which have made a world of difference in stopping what we call poop-splosions and pee-splosions during the night.
- Increasingly, the 3rd nap is going away.
- She is a random napper. Yesterday she took a 2 hour 15 minute morning nap and a one hour 15 minute afternoon nap. Then today her morning nap was only 1 hour 15 minutes. You just never know what you'll get.
- Can handle 2-2.5 hours of wakefulness between naps.
- Not much new. No crawling. No teeth. No whole sentences :)
- She is starting to try to reach for items which frequently takes her onto her stomach, so I think crawling isn't too far in the future for us.
- Still breastfeeding, usually 5 times a day.
- Trying to be diligent about giving her 3 meals of solids as well. I thought I'd be good and make all her food but that hasn't happened other than a few batches of sweet potatoes.
- She's had pears, prunes, applesauce, yogurt, peas, sweet potatoes, mixed vegetables, carrots, cottage cheese (didn't much like), bread, a few cheerios (hasn't figured out finger food yet).
- Surprisingly, I discovered that she loves french onion soup. Weird! I had it at Panera one day and gave her a taste and she just couldn't get enough of it.
- We got her a Graco jumper that you hang in the doorway and she loves it! She is so cute and looks like she is doing an Irish jig when she jumps.
- Still has the exersaucer but since our house is on the market, I got tired of carrying it out to the car each time a potential buyer was coming by. So it's been in the car for the past week or so.
- Has quite a few little musical instrument toys like a tambourine and maracas that she likes.
- Really want to get her a play table but it is just too hard with the house on the market.
- Ordered her a Rockabye Colt Horse as her Christmas present that I can't wait to get.