Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Three-Fourths of a Year

Yesterday, Emma turned 9 months old.

My sweet baby girl has been out in the world almost as long as she was in my tummy. Crazy, crazy, crazy.


So, how are things going?
  • Vitals: 16lb, 15oz (20th percentile); 26 3/4" long (26th percentile)
  • Nighttime Sleep: We FINALLY dropped the middle of the night feeding. We now, once in a while, get a night with no waking up. Usually daddy still has to get up around 3:00am to soothe Emma back to sleep. She's usually in bed by 6 or 6:15pm and up around 6:30am or 7am
  • Nap: Emma is still not a great napper. In total, she probably gets close to 3 hours of naps a day, divided among 2 naps. Today, it was 2 - 1.5 hour naps. I admit to being very jealous reading about all of you with good napping children out there!
  • Eating: We are down to only three nursing sessions a day - first thing in the morning, after the first nap, and then before bed. We also do three meals of solids a day. She will pretty much eat anything. Today she ate some of my linguine from Noodles and even a few bites of chicken. Favorite food is probably peach Greek yogurt. We are trying to do more table food and less baby food, but that means mommy actually cooking (boo!).
  • Developmental: Crawling, crawling, crawling. She's so quick. And pulling up on everything. Still no teeth. And pretty much just grunting. Still waiting for the first "ma ma" or "da da." Perhaps she's waiting to give it to us as a Christmas present?
I think that covers the basics. Here's one more picture that I love of Emma riding on Daddy's shoulders. She raises her hand in the air and looks like a cowgirl on a bucking bronco!

4 comments:

  1. If you send a crawl my way, I promise I will send a mama your way...
    No crawling here. We still give 4 bottles of BM a day, and do three solids meals too. Naps are crap, and I should probably feed more solids than I do. Did she go down to 3 nursing sessions a day on her own? Would love to hear what your schedule is like in more detail if you get a chance.
    Have a great xmas with your beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 months already??? Wow!! She is just adorable and it sounds like things ae going well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man!! You are way ahead of us in the eating...AND SLEEPING department!!!!!!! I'm so jealous!! :o) I guess I'd better start having my kiddos try some real food...sounds like fun! She is absolutely darling!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cuter every month. :) And THANK YOU for having a pretty early bedtime- sometimes I get negative feedback for our 6:30/7 pm bedtime.

    ReplyDelete