Sorry for being such a blogging slacker recently. I have kept up on everyone else's blogs but haven't gotten around to putting up a new post myself. Guess there hasn't been much exciting to write about. Well here's what's going on in my life...
1) Today was hubby's first day back at work. Yes, we were lucky and got him at home for a full month. But now reality sets in. I am now a stay at home mom without a helper. Today went pretty well...what will tomorrow hold?
2) I attended a new moms group today that the hospital puts on. It is run by a nurse and there were probably 15 women there with kids ranging from Emma (the youngest at 4 weeks) to about 9 months. It seems like a great place to get questioned answered and to vent about frustrations and difficulties. I plan to go each Monday.
3) I have 2 products that I really like so far and would recommend. First, we use the Miracle Blanket everynight with Emma. It is the best swaddler I've found - Emma can't get out of it. I am also digging my Sleepy Wrap, especially now that I don't have a helper to hand Emma off to. It is pretty easy to put on (seemed intimidating at first) and Emma seems very comfortable and falls asleep easily in it. She's sleeping in it right now as I type!
4) I've just started pumping to try to get some milk for our freezer for future use. I am pumping in between sessions and only getting about 1.5-2 ounces. That isn't even one full bottle. The nurse at the moms group today say that is typical. Wish I could get a full bottle with each session. Gonna take a long time to stock up the freezer!
5) Emma will not sleep in her bassinet. She hates laying flat on her back. We bought a sleep wedge but that still doesn't prop her up enough. Initially, she was sleeping on my chest at night. Now we've got her sleeping in her carseat (though often I have to get her to fall asleep first on top of me). I'm sure experts would scold me...but, hey, she sleeps. And that's what matters to me! We've even gotten her to do 5-6 hours straight on a few nights.
So, that's about it. Emma turns one month tomorrow. Wow! In honor of her one month birthday, here's a cute new picture...