Friday, April 2, 2010

Miss Emma at two weeks

Tomorrow Emma will be two weeks old. Wow, time has flown especially when you are on maternity leave and aren't really keeping track of what day of the week it is.

Things are going pretty well. Emma hates to sleep flat on her back in her bassinet - she gets super wheezy and fussy after just a few minutes. Yesterday, I bought an inclined wedge sleep positioner and hope that will help. I end up holding her in bed most of the night, a habit I don't really want to get used to. But it is the best way to get a decent stretch of sleep. She sleeps tons during the day and we just need to figure out how to get rid of that nasty day/night confusion.

She is also feeding really well. A week ago, she was 5lb 15 oz. Today, a week later, she was almost to 6lb 8oz. Guess the nonstop feeding is working. I'm pretty much feeding on demand day and night and let's just say that the demand is very high.

We've gotten out of the house a few times, other than just going to the pediatrician. Emma had her first dinner out at the classy IHOP by our house (yum, pancakes!). We've also gone for a few short walks around the neighborhood and to pick up lunch for daddy and me. And yesterday Emma had a newborn photo shoot. My father-in-law got us a terrific photography package with a great local photographer. It includes sittings at newborn, 4 months, 8 months and 1 year. We ended up being there for 3 1/2 hours yesterday and Emma about had it by the end. I can't wait to get the pictures.

So that's pretty much the quick update for now. I'll post a few pictures below. Hope everyone has a nice Easter weekend. Emma and I hope to get out, take a walk and enjoy the fabulous Spring weather!

Bouncy seat for the first time


On the playmat for the first time


Sleeping with mommy on the couch


Snuggly Miss Emma

5 comments:

  1. Adorable!

    Love the hands in the 1st pic - like she's getting ready to 'do the dance' from Evan Almighty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy two weeks, Emma! What a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe its been two weeks!! Amazing! I totally hear you on sleeping with the little one...I did that with my little girl before her brother came home. She just wanted someone to sleep with poor baby. Now she's just fine sleeping with her brother.

    What a little chubster! Keep up the good work momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the positioner helped! Love looking at the pictures! (and I'm a little jealous at how much you get out and about with her- it's just a little harder with two so we don't leave the house as much when it's just me.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is such a sweet little peanut, louise wasn't much bigger than her, she is nine weeks old and STILL wearing newborn size diapers and clothes!

    ReplyDelete