Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Very Shutterfly Christmas

I just found out about this unbelievable Shutterfly promotion for bloggers. Bloggers who use Shutterfly, and write a quick post about their experiences with the photo site, get 50 free holiday cards! That's huge. Here are the details.

One reason it makes me so happy to write this post is because I've already started designing this year's Christmas cards on Shutterfly and am just waiting for a chance to snap the perfect picture of Emma to use for the card!

Here's the card that we're using this year.

I had a really hard time deciding, which card to use because they have a TON to choose from...check them out for yourself. I decided to go with this one because it uses a single picture; given my photography skills, capturing just one perfect picture, even given the beautiful subject, will be a challenge! I also picked this one because I love the red - it will go perfectly with the Christmas dress I got her from Gymboree - and because of the sentiment. I feel like this year has been filled with a lot of JOY for us.

Ever since Emma was born, I've uploaded all of our pictures to Shutterfly - it makes it really easy to share photos and to keep them organized. I have each month of her life organized in a separate folder.

When she turns one, I fully intend to do a one year photo book that highlights my favorite pictures from the year (I will MAKE myself do this because I think it will be a terrific keepsake). We have a friend who made a similar photobook for her daughter because babies love to look at themselves and she didn't want her good photobook to get all chewed and torn up. I think I'll do the same.

Shutterfly has loads of options to choose from for photobooks as well. If I was a little more on top of it, I'd make some great photobook gifts for Christmas presents this year. The upside to that is 1) they are inexpensive and 2) I can't imagine a gift a grandma would like better! Sigh, maybe next year.

So there you go. A win win for me! I get to tout a site that I already love AND I get a little Christmas present for doing it!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. I just got a flyer from them in the mail...and just in time:-) I love the card you chose...and totally agree what a great idea it is to get a first year yearbook, I've heard they love to look at pics of themselves:-)

    ReplyDelete