Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Weight Watchers

Up until doing IVF with Emma, I was pretty thin.  I was very conscious of my eating, I ran 5 miles at least 5 days a week, and I took a regular pilates class.  I even did pilates and continued to run past 30 weeks pregnant, until the doctor forced me to stop because I had a low amniotic fluid level.

I was finally able to lose all but about 5 pounds of the Emma-related weight and then...I got pregnant with Kate!  I exercised up until about 20 weeks with Kate, but my hips and back hurt way more than they did with Emma.  So I stopped.

At my heaviest with Kate, I was a good 40 pounds more than my pre-Emma weight.  Since giving birth to Kate, I've lost about 15 pounds, still making me a good 25 pounds more than I wanted to be.

I'm kind of lucky because I'm tall and no one really notices the extra weight on me.  But I sure do!

And now I've had enough!  I am back to running at least 4 days a week (though, admittedly, more like 3 miles at a time, not 5).  I've already run 2 races since March.  And I'm signed up for a 1/2 marathon in September.

AND I've signed up for Weight Watchers.

Since having kids, I've totally stopped paying attention to what I eat.  If I'm hungry and something sounds good to me, I eat it.  It has to stop!  What I like about Weight Watchers - I'm just doing the online points tracking, where each food has a certain number of points and you get a set amount of points a day - is that I'm back to paying attention to what I'm eating.  And since fruit and veggies have ZERO points, I'm eating so much better.

I've been on it now for 2 weeks and I've lost 5 pounds.  Not bad.  My goal is to lose 15-18 more.  I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. Good job so far, and good luck with the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also did WW and it's been great for me! The weight I gained during infertility was ridiculous! Good luck and keep us all posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck! I need to refocus on WW myself...and exercise!

    ReplyDelete