Sunday, June 14, 2009

More on "To tell or not to tell?" and Beth Moore

So this weekend I did tell one of my closest friends about our struggles. It was very difficult just getting it out - and of course coincided with lots of tears - but it actually felt good having someone I care about, outside of my husband, share in this time.

She was so supportive and understanding (though it made me cry when she apologized for talking about her year-old son so much - I love that others have been blessed with kids and while there are pangs of something resembling jealousy, I would never wish this on anyone else). My friend didn't try to gloss over the issue but actually asked me specific questions about when I started medications and the timing of the major parts of the cycle. I really appreciated that. And she said she won't bug me with any questions during the cycle and will wait for me to share with her what I want to. I love my friend!

My friend and I had gone to a Beth Moore conference this weekend (http://www.lproof.org/about_beth_moore.asp). I had heard of Beth Moore before but had never done any of her Bible studies or attended any of her speaking engagements. She is PHENOMENAL. I highly recommend her if you ever get a chance to do any of her teachings. Beyond funny and very insightful. Her whole teaching this weekend was about the "perfect storms" in our lives (when all the winds of troubling times seem to meet and you are caught in the middle) and how often we go through storms because they are the only way to get us to where God wants us to be. Wow, it so spoke to me because I feel like I've been in a "perfect storm" for the past year and a half and that I can only have faith that I will come out the other side where God wants me to be - whether that is with a child or not - it will be God's will. Tough stuff to swallow but it's the truth.

Anways, enough preachy stuff. 1) Beth Moore is fantastic. 2) I'll make it through this storm. 3) And thankfully I now have a friend to help me weather the heavy winds.

Enough said. Hope everyone's week get off to terrific starts. Tomorrow is our injection training - fun, fun!

1 comment:

  1. That is so wonderful that you found a friend to share this with. It's so nice to have someone (besides the husband of course) to really talk about this kind of thing. And how wonderful that she plans on not bringing it up unless you do. An even better friend. :-D

    ReplyDelete